Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wild Rice Casserole

I made this yummy dish last night for me and my boyfriend. I swiped it from veggieboards.com. It was originally posted by
Vggiegirl, so many kudos to her for sharing this recipe!

I used brown rice instead of wild rice, because it's what I had on hand. And, I used scrumptious baby portabellas and canned cream of mushroom soup--though I will most definitely try the vegan recipe for the soup the next time around.

The sauce thickened a lot upon setting for a few, but this was a great stick-to-your-ribs type of recipe. Really wish I would've found this earlier this winter... might be a bit heavy during the summer months, especially with the 90 minutes that it has to cook in the oven. But definitely two thumbs up! This one's a keeper! :)

No comments: