Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Homemade hummus

Last night, I made hummus for the first time! After tasting it, I don't know why I waited so long to make a homemade version of this versatile vegetarian food. It was super easy and it tastes fabulous!!! :) I don't think I'll ever purchase hummus from a store again.

Living in a city with one of the largest Arabic populations outside of the Middle East, I've had some pretty good hummus at the local restaurants. But because I do love hummus, I'm happy I found a decent recipe that I can tweak (I'm thinking roasted red pepper hummus in the future!).

I brought a container of the homemade hummus to work today along with some baby pitas ... makes a great lunch!

The recipe is from vegweb.com ... check it out!

1 comment:

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Way to go! Homemade hummus is far and away the BEST and EASIEST stuf ever! And you can experiment and add things now too - sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, eggplant and my personal and very NON authentic favorite - roasted green chiles. Yeah, that whole New Mexico goes to the Middle East idea...
Congrts on the chili too! WAY COOL!