Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July lunch

My BF and I decided to have an impromptu burger lunch today. An omni, he grilled a meat burger for himself, while I enjoyed the Black Bean Chipotle vegan burger by Gardenburger. I topped my burger with an onion/mushroom/garlic mixture that we sauteed in a pan on the grill, and added cold tomato, more onion, red leaf lettuce and mustard on a sesame seed bun. We chose to have cucumber slices as a side (I sprinkled mine with a little bit of salt, yum!). Simple and quick!

On a side note, I was at my BF's house, which is near a Whole Foods. I get excited when I visit him because I do not have a Whole Foods near me... so every chance I get when I visit, I stock up on veggie items my local grocer doesn't carry, like nutritional yeast. Today I bought a few new-to-me items to try... Vegan Gourmet's Mozzarella and Lightlife's wild rice organic tempeh. I'll most likely blog about them once I give them a try!! :)

No comments: