Sunday, June 10, 2007

Amazing vegan chocolate chip cookies

Quite simply, these vegan chocolate chip cookies are devine! I saw this recipe posted on Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom, and I couldn't wait to try it. In the past, some animal-free sweets have left me less than thrilled, so I'm always on the lookout for tasty animal-friendly treats. These cookies do not disappoint! My omni BF liked them too. "They taste like real cookies," he said. With a roll of my eyes I replied, "That's because they ARE real cookies." LOL He meant these cookies taste just as rich and delicious as cookies made with animal ingredients. ;)

This batch made about four dozen cookies for me. I used a cookie scoop to form and drop them onto my cookie sheets. I used the Enjoy Life brand of chocolate chips, since they were clearly marked as vegan; I found them at Whole Foods. The chips were more like mini-chips, but it worked out fine since my cookie scoop made small-ish cookies. Be sure to give them a taste when they are warm and fresh out of the oven.... mmmm!

1 comment:

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

YAY! I'll let my daughter know there's yet another cookie fan out there...

She seriously has to take these to school every few weeks because her classmates BEG for them like the whining little 7th graders that they are... HA! And every time she LOVES reminding them that they are VEEEEEEEEEGAN cookies! Gotta love it!