Friday, August 17, 2007

Ditching paper cups


Every now and then--especially when my boss won't be in the office--I like to stop at Einstein Bros. on my way into work to purchase a cup of coffee. We have "office coffee" but since my boss and I are the only ones who drink it, it has always felt like a waste to make a pot... even half a pot... just for me.

Walking into Einstein's this morning, it dawned on me that I should just buy its reusable travel mug instead of throwing away a paper cup, cardboard sleeve and plastic lid each time I purchase a coffee. So, that's exactly what I did. I bought the groovy brown mug, which was the cheapest of the two styles they offered. The shelves contained what might be considered a more hip mug in pretty hues of purple and blue, but they also were $9 and I wasn't about to pay that when I have my fair share of travel mugs at home in the cupboard. But, for $2.64, tax included, I got a refillable mug that I'll use for every future coffee purchase... and the coffee will only cost $0.99 each time. Bonus! I love Einstein's Euro-French Roast. It's my absolute fav!

Tonight, I plan to try a recipe for Eggplant Salad... so come back soon to see how it turns out! :)

No comments: